Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Manis!!

I don't know about you, but I love Halloween.  Hands down it's my favorite holiday - the polishes, the accessories, the skulls the crossbones and all the black cat merchandise!!!  :::swoons:::  For you today, I have some recent manis featuring Halloween specific polishes.  I also picked up the cutest Halloween decals on a trip to Walgreens that are almost versatile enough that they could probably be worn outside of October. Check it out...

First up, is Sally Hansen Pumpkin Spice.  It's a smokey black jelly with orange microglitter that was very thin in consistency and took multiple coats to build up.  It looks great in the bottle, but the application was not so great.  I think over a black base or maybe even a dark purple base, this may have come out better.  Generally, I'm not a fan of being able to see the vnl.








Above, is Haunting from the China Glaze Haunting Collection.  This one is ni-iiice.  Black with silver microglitter.  Super smooth application and a microglitter that lays nice and flat.  I believe I used 3 coats and a top coat of SV.  I like that this is a color that I could wear year round - more bang for the buck. 

Remember that god-awful CG bile yellow polish called Trendsetter that I reviewed a couple of blogs ago?  Well, I tried to save that mani by adding a few layers of this next polish from the same CG Haunting Collection.  This is It's Alive!  Please ignore the underlying yellow polish peeking through.  :::blushes:::





This one is a combo of your standard sized swamp green glitter as well as green micro glitter and was well executed in 2 coats of polish with 2 coats of SV to smooth it out enough so that it wasn't snaggy/snarley feeling.

Last, from the CG Haunting collection is Ghoulish Glow glow-in-the-dark top coat.  I tried it over Haunting and it worked well and glowed quite nicely, but for some reason I couldn't capture it on my nails with my camera.  Trust me though, it looked pretty freaking cool and was translucent enough that my actual mani underneath still came through in daylight. 


Finally, my Halloween decal mani.  Sadly, I completely forgot to take some pics of the decal packaging and neglected to make a mental note of the brand...then I gave half of the decals away to a work friend for her Halloween manicure.  So...I have no idea who makes these but just know they are super cute and have kind of a rock n' roll/Halloween combo vibe.  See for yourself...

These are basically tiny stickers that peel off and can be applied directly to clean nails with no other prep work.  The kitty cats were my fav. <3  I put a coat of SV over them to make sure they are nice and protected.  These were applied over 2 coats of American Apparel nail laquer in the color Lopez Canyon. 

I'll be showing you the other American Apparel polishes I picked up in a future blog and guarantee you will love them too. 

Happy Halloween!!

1 comment: