Saturday, November 10, 2012

Once Upon a Polish - Whosits and Whatsits Galore!

There are times when a nail polish makes you ooooh!! and aaaaah! more than the other polishes and this is one of those times and one of those polishes.  I came across this bad ass while I was perusing some other blogs and had one of those "I MUST HAVE IT!" moments and ordered it immediately.  This is a polish that a gal named Kimberly hand makes out of Tallahassee, FL.  Kimberly is a mad and brilliant nail polish scientist just based off this polish alone.  As you may or may not know, indie polishes are just as pricey, if not more so than name brand polishes and this lovely did not come "cheap", but as usual, I think it's totally worth it.  You can find Once Upon A Polish at Kimberly's Etsy store - Once Upon A Polish for $8.50 each + shipping.

This polish is described as "A mixture of matte coral, green, red, white, and blue glitter! "

It's a great layering polish and kind of reminds me of a Jackson Pollack painting, but much MUCH prettier and way more aesthetically pleasing.  I layered Whosits over Essence Black is Back, but I imagine it would look just as good over white, pink, green or red cream...or maybe even a cement gray.  I believe I used 3 steady, even coats and topped off with 1 thick coat of SV.  It's not really grainy or a top-coat eater kind of a polish either, which was a relief.

Now onward to the peektures!!!

















Pretty sweet, huh.  What makes it so much more cool and interesting than your average polish is that it's more like a confetti polish vs a glitter.  It's not shiny or shimmery, which I like and it's like nothing else I have in my stash.  So what do you think?  Gonna try an indie polish any time soon?  

Until next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment