Friday, December 30, 2011

The Muppets Collection by OPI! Swatches inside!

The Blogoswatchathon continues! The Muppets Collection by OPI was much anticipated by myself and many other polish addicts and they did not disappoint. In this blog, these are what I thought were the nicest and the best value for the bunch. Now, you must know I pay for all my polishes and OPI polishes are not cheap, so I bought a mini-4pack and 2 individual full size colors in order to get the most bang for my buck. I was really happy with all of them and a couple that I didn’t think were going to be that great (Designer…DeBetter and Wocka! Wocka!) turned out to be quite stunning.
I used my typical 3 coat application with a top coat of SV on all. This is especially important for the glitters like Rainbow Connection and Excuse Moi!. Most of my swatches are done after 1 day of wear, so you will see on a couple of them there is slight wear in the tips, like in the Warm and Fozzy swatches.
Here we go!

Wocka! Wocka! - This was, like I said, a pleasant surprise. It is a beautiful pinkish red that was worked so well with my skin tone. It’s simple, but beautiful and the application was smoooooth.


Excuse Moi is more of a jelly polish with multi colored “party” glitter floating in a vibrant pink base. This was lovely, playful and fun to wear.  Excuse the thumb chip.  :(



Designer…De Better. I thought this was going to be bo-ring! But I was really quite surprised at what a pretty delicate color this is. It is so shimmer and has the smallest micro specks of a peachy-copperish color. Love it.



Warm and Fozzie - what a stunner. Obviously, I liked it so much I couldn’t narrow down my swatches because I felt like each captures a little more of it’s beauty. While the base is Fozzie fur brown, there is also flecks of gold, green and even some pink! Preeetty!










Rainbow Connection - How fun is this? I layered Rainbow Connection over China Glaze Millenium, which I think worked out very well. I do have to say it is very much like all the other rainbow glitters I’ve seen that have come out in the past year or too by various companies from the frugal to the expensive, but I was happy to add it to my collection because….because… I do not own Deborah Lippman’s Happy Birthday! Sniffle, Sniffle. L




Meep Meep Meep is another one of those tough to shoot colors. The camera can’t figure it out, but I sure as hell tried to capture it as best as I could. I think the nicest thing about this one is the flakies that are floating around. It makes this one more interesting than you would expect when you really take a good look at it. Is is flakie shimmery goodness in a bottle. This one also went very nicely with my skin tone.




Thank you, OPI!

Until next time...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment