Sunday, June 10, 2012

Revlon Blue Lagoon + Deborah Lippmann Happy B-day Jelly Sandwich

A new trend in nail polishing these days is called the "jelly sandwich".  I don't know who started it, but I'm a big fan because I now have a new purpose for my glitter polishes.

Here is my second go at a jelly sandwich using Revlon's Blue Lagoon and Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday.  The end result reminds me of Revlon's Whimsical, but better.   I invite you to follow my middle finger on its sandwich journey....

Here are the products:
Revlon Blue Lagoon


Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday





I started with a base coat of Orly Bonder, then 2 thin coats of Blue Lagoon.

Then a coat of Happy Birthday...



 Followed by another thin coat of Blue Lagoon and a coat of SV.



I am totally digging this manicure.  I have been wearing it for almost 5 days, which is practically unheard of for me as I usually change my nail polish every other day.  I love that it's so light and summery looking.  Blue Lagoon is really a stunning color.  Revlon has been hitting them out of the park lately.  My boss nailed it when she said it reminded her of those robin speckled chocolate eggs they sell at Easter time.

What do you think?  Will you be trying your own jelly sandwich and if so, what colors/glitters will you be using?

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment