Sunday, July 1, 2012

Copycat Dot Manicure - So cute I had to steal it!

I saw this manicure done by Sarah at Chalkboard Nails  (<-- click here and follow her Blog because she is AWESOME!) and I just had to nailjack it for myself.  You can see the instructions so simply and eloquently stated by Sarah on her Blog for more info on how to execute it.
I used the same tools, only different colored polish.  I had just received my dotting tools by mail via Ebay purchase the day before I decided to do this.  In other words,  I was a dot manicure virgin, so please excuse any mistakes you might see.  I do have to say, with this being my first go at it, that I did pretty good and can't wait to try another one.


 Here are the tools:
I bought these on Ebay for $1.89 and free shipping.  They came all the way from Hong Kong!


Here are the colors (you can find Essence @ Ulta for $.99 a little bottle):


I used some plain old tin foil to put the nail polish on to use for the dots.  Easy clean up.

And the results:



So simple and yet such impact.  What do you think?  Think you'll have a go at a dot manicure yourself?

Until next time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment