Sunday, July 8, 2012

FLOAM by Nail-Venturous via Ninja Polish

This is Floam.
Time to play!!



Do I really need to say anything about this polish?  It obviously looks like good old-fashioned Floam.
photo via  http://mamasmiles.com/blog
This is a polish I have been lemming for some time and it happens to be the kind of polish that's always sold out.  So I was a Ms. Smartie McSmartington and put myself on the restock e-mail list for this polish and Cover Band's Sticks N Stones, which allowed me to finally score a bottle.  It arrived last week with squeals of joy.



Here it is up close and personal:



For my mani, I put on  a base coat of Orly Bonder and then 3 coats of Floam.  It's a little thick and tricky and I realized after applying it that it can get a bit patchy too.  I think next time I apply it I will start applying the 1st coat from left to right on the nail and then for the 2nd coat I'll go right to left and so on for the 3rd coat.  I'm hoping that will kind of even things out.  Drying time was pretty quick considering the thickness.  I topped Floam off with 2 coats of SV to smooth it out, otherwise it would have had that sandpaper feel that, as you know, is unbearable.  In order to maximize it, you may want to start with a similar colored green or blue base coat and then build it up from there.  I opted to not use a base color because I wanted to see how much coverage it provided alone and obviously it's pretty darn good.  

Floam can be found, when it's in stock, @ NinjaPolish.  It's a little pricey at $9.00 for a bottle + shipping, but for a completely original indie polish like this, I think it's worth it.  

What do you think?  Would you pay the price for this little gem of a polish?  Have you ever bought an indie brand polish before?  If not, would you? 

Until next time. ☻

No comments:

Post a Comment